How It Works
- Open Projects
- Active Projects
- Recently Finished Projects
Suggest a Prompt
We're amplifying the creative writing voices of students in California with collaborative writing projects.
What We Do
We use writing to connect California student writers in a larger mission of collaborative storytelling. This is a writers' workout group where students can train their prose.
Each student, when it is their turn to write, will add on lines that develop the plot and display their voice, culminating in a fictional story that showcases the broad array of student voices in California.
It's this simple:
- Sign up.
- Write your part.
- Read the finished piece.
Sign up to join The Prose Train. Want to say hi? Contact us here.
5 Reasons to Sign Up Now
- Improve Your Writing: Get extra writing experience (always a good thing!). Collaborative writing is a vastly different mental process than writing on your own, so you'll gain skills of a different type of writing.
- Have Fun: Collaborative writing is meant to be a fun, stress-free experience. This is completely voluntary—no need to worry about grades or pressure to be the best. This is a safe, relaxed environment where you don't need to fear corrosive criticism but are still faced with a challenge. You have no control over how the story will be written once it leaves your hands, and those endless possibilities are part of the beauty and fun of writing collectively!
- Learn From Others: Collectively break boundaries—your literary and creative constraints can be surmounted by others' strengths. Learn from your peers. Be inspired by them. The story might be taken in ways you never expected!
- Form New Friendships: Connect with students who are also interested in writing by checking the box to be in a group chat when signing up. Get to know peer writers at Gunn who are not in your class or grade, but who love writing too. Develop a close bonding if you work with the same writers on different projects.
- You'll make my day ;).